Far North Fly-In and Open Day
Saturday March 30 2019, 08:00 until March 31 2019, 12:00
Kaitaia Aero Club
Far North Fly-In & Open Day
30th - 31st March 2019
Kaitaia Aero Club are holding a FAR NORTH FLY-IN on March 30-31 st
There will be beach landings, lunch, local flying, dinner and an evening function.
- 10.30am Saturday 30th a briefing on beach landings will be held.
- 11.30 – 12.00 fly to 90 mile beach.
- 12.00 – lunch will be offered for sale - a barbecue at the beach or a pizza at the airfield.
- 6.00 – 7.00pm Dinner – sheep on the spit, tuatua fritters, pauas in cream, rewena bread, local wines…..everything Far North!
- 7.00 A Hangar party….music with a local band……the Club bar will be open.
There is space for camping close to the clubrooms where there are toilets and showers. Close by in Awanui there is Norfolk Motel with transport available, call Kim on 09 4067515. There are several other motels available in Kaitaia. The Kaitaia Airport Authority have agreed to allow one landing fee of $10 for the whole weekend. The Catalina will also be in attendance for the weekend, offering rides.
Please let them know numbers of aircraft attending and to assist with catering, please pre-pay dinner tickets ($35 per person) by March 14 th .
Payment can be made by cheque or direct credit to Kaitaia Aero Club Inc Account 12-3096-0197832-02. Money will be refunded if the event is cancelled. Contact Peter Upton 027 49604565 for any further information.